Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Pictures of my wire cube storage system

  1. #1
    Inactive Member drgrimsley's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2003
    Posts
    109
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I got the wire cube set from Target recently and hung most of my doll clothes in it. It works really well. Now I just need to make a cover for it to keep the dust (and my dogs) away. forums
    Here is a link to picture of it on my website:

    http://www.geocities.com/drgrimsley/...?1075836601718

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner OSusannah's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    939
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for the idea, Debbie, I think that would be perfect for our Bitty Baby outfits, which are now just in a Rubbermaid box. We so far have enough caddies for our historical outfits-until Christmas and birthdays anyway!

    Tracy

  3. #3
    Inactive Member bitty baby's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2004
    Posts
    29
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I love your storage idea! It looks great and seems to hold lots of stuff! I love your website too! Your pictures are really fun to look at! forums

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Jeanette M.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    July 18th, 2003
    Posts
    1,239
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Good idea, Debbie! It looks like the wire cube idea is terrific! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] Thanks for showing us what it looks like. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member bekeating's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 29th, 2002
    Posts
    82
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks for posting the pics....we have used the storage cubes for the girl's AG stuff for some time and I think they work great. But for some reason I never thought have hanging the clothes side to side so they could see them all. We have ours hanging front to back so you can only really see the first one. Its just one of those things that you just say 'duh' when you see, but thanks to your pics we will be switching that!

    Bonnie

  6. #6
    Inactive Member drgrimsley's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2003
    Posts
    109
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm glad everyone liked the storage idea. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] I am going to try to make a cover for it out of some heavy material and leave a slit in the front so it can be tied to the sides like opening curtains. I'll take pictures whenever I get that done. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member mom_to_an_americangirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 9th, 2003
    Posts
    248
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am going to try to find a cover picture from on of those organizational mags that I love. It has a flap that rolls up and holds on with velcro. The whole thing is made out of canvas and looks great. Will post if I find it.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member drgrimsley's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2003
    Posts
    109
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Please do post a picture of that mom_to_an_americangirl! That would be helpful as it sounds like the kind of thing I will try to make. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Excellent idea--it looks really nice and is so practical! I use these cubes for pet cages (they help to make extra large or custom-sized cages), and I can never get the connectors to work properly (when I have used them, they tend to pop off). I ended up wiring the squares together instead, and that was really labor intensive and didn't look as nice as the connectors do. Several months ago I decided to try using cable ties. These work really well and you can put the entire unit together in a snap. Be sure to cut with scissors, then clip the edges off with nail clippers, if you use cable ties (otherwise there are rough edges that can cut you). They come in clear, navy blue, black, neon shades, etc.

    Just a tip in case others use the cubes. They're very versatile and fun for many projects. forums

    <font color="#020176" size="1">[ February 03, 2004 11:11 PM: Message edited by: Melissa ]</font>

  10. #10
    Inactive Member spiritik's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 21st, 2003
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Melissa, we also use the cubes for pet cages. We made a 2 x 8 cage for our two male guinea pigs, with a divider in between. Like you, we also used the cable ties and cut them off (so the guinea pigs wouldn't chew on them). They love their huge cage!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •